The first issue in 2020 of the journal TEXTILE. CLOTH & CULTURE is a special issue dedicated to ‘Missing Persons and Hidden Heritages in European Lace Making’. We’ve put a list of contents below:
- ‘Introduction: Missing Persons and Hidden Heritages in European Lace Making’ by Julie Botticello and Tom Fisher.
- ‘Principles and Pilfering: Nottingham Lace Design Pedagogy’ by Rebecca Coles, Amanda Briggs-Goode and Gail Baxter.
- ‘Unravelling the Battle of Britain Lace Panel‘ by Carol Quarini.
- ‘Hidden Hands and Missing Persons’ by Gail Baxter.
- ‘Working, Singing, and Telling in the 19th-Century Flemish Pillow-Lace Industry‘ by David Hopkin. (Anyone who’d like a pdf copy of this can contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- ‘Women and Children in the Machine-Made Lace Industry in Britain and France (1810–60)‘ by Fabrice Bensimon.
- ‘Reflections on Bummock: The Lace Archive Symposium’ by Katherine Townsend.